You can use our online booking system to check prices, request a quote or pay the total price for your booking. You will be asked to make a direct payment using your debit/credit card; we use PayPal to process your payments. We will send you a payment receipt to your email address and request details for insurance (driving licence number, date of birth). Insurance excess is paid by debit/credit card on the collection date, you can also pay using BACS or cash.
You can also call or email us with your preferred dates. If we have the availability we will send you an email to request further details and deposit information to secure your booking, in this case the non-refundable deposit fee is £150. The remainder will need to be paid 30 days prior to departure; we only take payments by bank transfer for this type of booking.
All clients must ensure they have watched the video guide applicable to their vehicle booking prior to arrival (see below):
The following documents are required to hire a motorhome from Camperfun Ltd:
- Copy of the driver’s passport
- Copy of the driver’s driving licence (both sides)
- 2 proofs of address
- Access to DVLA records https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
Failure to provide the above will result in cancellation of your booking. Please note the deposit in non-refundable.
Driving licence category is usually B.
Choice of Motorhome
We will do our very best to provide you with your chosen motorhome. However, if this is not possible we will provide you with a suitable alternative. In the extremely unlikely event that another motorhome is not available, you will be refunded. Please note we are not responsible for any costs that may be incurred in this event.
All bookings paid in full include £150 non-refundable deposit. If you decide to cancel please be aware: from 28 days before departure until 14 days before departure, 50% of the hire cost will be due. From 13 days to no show 100% will be due. If we manage to re-book the van to another client we will try our best to reduce these costs.
We provide you with Fully Comprehensive Insurance for the duration of the hire, this insurance covers one driver. If you would like to add on another driver please ask, there is a charge of £10 a day for this. If you have any endorsements on your driving licence please let us know as this needs to be declared to the insurance company. The insurance company require a scanned copy of your driving licence.
For all abroad bookings we charge additional £10 per day, which is not included in the total at the checkout. This amount will need to be paid separately.
To hire a motorhome from Camperfun you must meet the following criteria:
- At least 25 years of age
- Full UK licence for minimum of 3 years
- Maximum of 6 points on all drivers licences
- 1 claim (fault/no fault) in last three years
- SD&P use only (social, domestic and pleasure)
We need to take a security deposit of £1250 which is equal to our insurance excess. This covers any damage to the vehicle and/or fixtures and fittings, any lost/broken items or negligent driving. Upon return of the motorhome to us in the condition it was taken out, this will be returned to you. We reserve the right to do a complete inspection of the hired van within 7 working days from the drop off date.
If we do need to take any of this security deposit you will be provided with a detailed invoice indicating the cost of the repairs/replacement required.
We reserve the right to charge a higher insurance excess which is dictated by our insurance company.
Non-UK Licences will be charged an additional £250 excess fee.
Please note: When using a foreign card or bank account, your bank might charge you a foreign transaction fee. Also due to the exchange rate you are most likely to receive less money than the amount spent. Camperfun Ltd does not take any responsibility for this and will not cover the difference in amount.
- Late fee of £100 per hour for not returning on time (the motorhome must be returned between 9am and 10am).
- Cleaning fee from £100 if the van is not returned with the interior in a clean condition (please make sure you return the motorhome as clean as it was when you collected it. This will be calculated on how many hours it takes to clean motorhomes not returned to an acceptable standard).
- Nominated additional fee of £150 if the toilet and grey water tank are not emptied prior to the return of the van.
- Fee of £100 for not refilling the fuel tank and LPG bottle, plus the actual cost of the fuel and the gas.
- If the van is returned with the exterior in a dirty condition, please note we need an additional 24 hours to assess the outside condition of the motorhome.
Please ensure you are aware if your motorhome takes diesel or petrol. The motorhomes will be supplied with a full tank of fuel and needs to be returned with a full tank of fuel. You are liable for any incorrect fuel charges.
All vans have RAC breakdown cover. This is a 24 hour service that will assist in the event of a breakdown. If you do experience any problems with your vehicle please call us first. In the event the vehicle has broken down due to your actions, you will be responsible for the cost of the repair. Engine care is checking oil/water and tyre pressures are at the correct levels.
In the event of an accident please notify us ASAP, take down details of third party/witnesses and report the police. If it’s not an emergency you should call 101 and 999 in an emergency. Camperfun Ltd may repossess vehicle at any time if these terms and conditions are breached.
Use of Vehicle
The vehicle must be driven in a cautious manner, never in a way that could cause damage to the van. The vehicle should never be driven under the influence of alcohol/drugs. No towing or racing or pulling trailers. The vehicle must not be used to carry any other passengers not specified on the booking form.
Please talk to us about which vehicles may be suitable for pets.
Please note smoking is not allowed inside any of our motorhomes.
Camperfun Ltd mileage is limited to 700 miles for bookings of 7 nights and under; there is extra charge of £0.70 per each extra mile.
For bookings of 8+ nights there is no limit to how many miles you can drive.
The rental included UK mainland only, if you would like to go elsewhere we need to know first in order to ensure you are adequately insured to do so.
- Fully comprehensive insurance for the named driver on the booking form (UK only)
- Unlimited mileage for 8 day bookings or over (UK only)
- A table and 2 or 4 chairs depending on your group size
- Mains hook up and domestic power sockets
- Cooking utensils and crockery for up to 4 people
- Cycle rack
What’s not included
The following items are not included but available at an extra cost:
- Insurance for second driver
- Extra tents
Seat Belts/Child Seats
Please be aware of the legal requirements of wearing a seat belt. Children under 135cm or under 12 years must be in a child/booster seat.
Collection is at 1pm and returns must be made by 10am. Please don’t be late returning as we need this time to turn the vans around for the next clients. The insurance will also only cover you for the pre arranged hire dates. Charges may be incurred for late return. Please allow an hour for collection so that we can show you how everything works and also upon return for us to check over the motorhome.
If an insurance claim is made, the hirer is responsible for a £1250 excess which the insurance company charge us. This includes any damage and or loss to the vehicle or fixtures and fittings, or a third party. The hirer is liable for any windscreen or tyre damage.
You will have to pay an excess for any insurance claim regardless of which party is at fault for the accident. The insurance excess is £1250 per claim, not per rental.
What you can expect from us
- We will supply you with a clean and mechanically sound van
- The vehicle should be returned to us in the same condition as you rented it
- We are unable to refund monies due to weather/any accidents or theft
- You are responsible for any parking fines/penalties whilst the vehicle is in your care
- Please do not take the vehicle off the road as they are not designed for this
- If they are taken off the road and become stuck you will be liable for any recovery charges this